Gate Trials are Coming

anything you want to talk about
Crash
Site Admin

Gate Trials are Coming

Post by Crash »

I had an opportunity to be a fly on the wall at the last Association Committee meeting, and let me tell you folks I did not like what I was hearing. There is a rule change on the table to have Championship Events go to a Gate Trials setting, and this new administration is pushing really hard for it. Sure we would be consistent with the rest of North America, and yes it would probably be easier to set section up and save on supplies, but.....If you knock down another classes gate, it would become a five. This of course makes this a non starter for me but alas I am just a fly.
Biffsgasgas

Re: Gate Trials are Coming

Post by Biffsgasgas »

The solution is simple Mont! The gate system removes all other class gates! All gates are now everyones gate. So no need to worry about another classes gate because they are all yours!!! Observe going through the gates labeled with your class and observe avoiding the gates with other classes on them! Super simple.

This is not that hard unless you like knocking down markers.

Your starter is on the left side if you still having trouble. Changing from right kick to left kick can be a difficult transition. Buzz buzz

--Biff
Crash
Site Admin

Post by Crash »

Check your sarcasm detector.
Biffsgasgas

Post by Biffsgasgas »

We are going to evolve but people are reluctant i get it. This is where i can help. Tempora mutantur my friend...

--biff
zippy

Post by zippy »

Chapter 12
Rules and Rule Changes
Section 4. The individual Club representatives will take the proposals to their membership and bring any recommendations to the
January M.O.T.A. Committee meeting.

Does this mean the members of the 6 MOTA clubs will have a chance to see the rules proposals and express opinions on them prior to the committee final vote?
To be a great Trials rider it takes focus, concentra......... OH LOOK squirrel
Les

Post by Les »

“Does this mean the members of the 6 MOTA clubs will have a chance to see the rules proposals and express opinions on them prior to the committee final vote?“

Yes,,,
That’s the way it’s supposed to work…
I forwarded the proposal’s to all of my club members.
So far I’ve gotten two responses,
Hopefully I’ll get some more feedback before our January meeting.

Les
zippy

Post by zippy »

Thank you for the explanation of the process.

I know the "big" possible change is moving to a Gate Trials format, but I do know there are several suggestions this year.
I dare say this year may have the largest number of rule change suggestions that there has been in many years.

But I could be wrong, it has happened.............. once :D
rhoward

Post by rhoward »

I cast my vote to our club president but I'll also comment here on the subject. When gate trials was originally rumored to come to MOTA many people suggested having a "fun trial" set up as a gate trial so most members could see it, as well as find/suggest clear rules of how a gate trial would work. I'd like to see something of that sort happen.
zippy

Post by zippy »

Currently the plan is that in April Bent Fenders and Michiana will host a fun trial so that those interested could see what "Gate Trials" is all about.
rhoward

Post by rhoward »

Hopefully we get a bunch of people to Michiana and Bent Fenders to save from a manic first lap of the 2023 season. We spoke briefly about gate trials at TTC but nothing to in depth. So even my knowledge of gate trials is slim based from the national I rode in Ohio.