Gate Trials are Coming

anything you want to talk about
zippy

Re: Gate Trials are Coming

Post by zippy »

Legal Disclaimer: I post this reply at the risk of being incorrect.

I think the biggest difference for riding the section is just ride where your class is marked, and think of the other class gates (markers) as a barrier stopping you from riding there. Similar to a ribbon.

Section setting will take a little more consideration, but will actually make it easier to have classes follow.....................dare I say it??? The Intended Line.

Personal opinion: we can be successful with the same square footage of land we have used in the past, it will just reduce the number of possible "optional" lines for a class. It will be more of a Novice rides here, Intermediate rides here, etc. Instead of a class riding here or there or over yonder and back, maybe hitting that marker first this lap and hitting the same marker 4th the next lap.

Classes will "share" gates, as long as both classes have their markers on the gate.

As I understand: there will still be options for a rider to try harder obstacles, provided it is marked that way.
Again I must point out, this is what I THINK, it will need to be officially approved/denied prior to the start of the season.
In this example, Advanced MUST ride the taller part of the log, Intermediate has the option to ride the taller part, or the lower part.
This is a variation of "sharing" a gate.
GATE EXAMPLE.PNG
GATE EXAMPLE.PNG (3.88 KiB) Viewed 2952 times
To be a great Trials rider it takes focus, concentra......... OH LOOK squirrel
zippy

Post by zippy »

It's Here!! Gate trials practice days!
NOTE: Bent fenders property times should read "Noon to 4pm"
https://www.motatrials.com/site/assets/ ... actice.pdf
Crash
Site Admin

Post by Crash »

Hope everyone is having fun at the gate trials info event. A silver lab told me that Mid Michigan trials is having fun with this. They are making sections that have no markers or gates for certain classes. Some sections it will be like a Beg line(get in and get out), but watch out for those other gates!
zippy

Post by zippy »

The Bent Fenders property had a good turn out, I believe a good time was had by all.

There are a couple of sections set up to walk and ride to get a feel of how the gates work when riding.
Biff also led a group on setting up a section to help understand how the gates work together overall in a section.

Also, free riding. get some practice in before the season starts!

Reminder: Bent Fenders property is hosting another session Next Sunday April 30th.
Biffsgasgas

Post by Biffsgasgas »

IMG_1269.jpeg
Great times were had!

Biff
Attachments
IMG_1270.jpeg